About Me

My photo
A girl who loves coffee and everything that is beautiful to the eyes.

Thursday, 22 March 2012

How to train Mini Ong to sleep alone and how to ensure he doesn't wet the bed at night

Toilet training - staying dry at night

http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcarticles.nsf/pages/Toilet_training_staying_dry_at_night


How to Get Your Toddler to Sleep in Their Own Bed

http://www.savvydaddy.com/content/site/survival-guide/00189/how-get-your-toddler-sleep-their-own-bed


These are the 2 headaches I have now. Mini Ong is toilet trained during the day. He can stay dry throughout though sometime he does wet the bed during the nap time. At the age of 5 now, most of my friends told me that Mini Ong should be able to stay dry at night. However, he still can't. In fact with the diaper on, he would occasionally wet the bed as well. I thought of waking him up in the middle of the night to pee but he is the type who is hard to go back to bed. If I woke him up, he may hard to go back to sleep again. The article states that if your child wakes up every morning with a wet nappy, they’re not ready. If you take them out of night-time nappies, they will wet the bed. Mini Ong has wet nappy every morning! It was so full that sometime if I happen to wake up to go toilet, I would change a new nappy for him. If not the nappy would be so full that it will leak out and wet the bed.


Guess in the mean time i'll just Mini Ong in night time nappy till most nappies are dry in the morning or until they are wet till Mini Ong wakes up.


Mini Ong refuses to sleep in the mattress beside us let along in his own room. He always want to sleep in between. Not beside Mr Ong or me. Have to be between us. Even get him to sleep on the mattress us is a challenge. Sometime he would sleep there. Most of the time no unless I sleep with him on the mattress. Because of him sleeping between us, the 3 of us have bad sleep daily. What make the matter worst is Mini Ong sleep late. Even after the 2 of us fell asleep, he will be singing by himself or jump in and out of bed. As a light sleeper, I suffer the most. I suspect he has separation anxiety. He always wants daddy and mummy to be around him. Insecure. I have no solution to this problem now except to train him to sleep on the mattress first. Once he get use to sleeping on the mattress beside us then we train him to sleep in his room.


Till then GOD bless us!!


LC

No comments:

Post a Comment