About Me

My photo
A girl who loves coffee and everything that is beautiful to the eyes.

Saturday, 1 October 2011

~La la la la la la It's a happy song~


~La la la la la la sing a happy song~ such a familiar song! Those of you who were born in the 80s and below should be very familiar with the cartoon. I remember when I was a kid, I used to watch the cartoon together with my little brother every sunday morning at 9am. No matter how tired we were, we would force ourselves to wake up and watch it.:) :)

"Smurfs"

Characters

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Smurfs

Papa Smurf is the leader of the community. Other Smurfs are generally named after their personality disposition, for example, Brainy, Greedy, Vanity, Lazy, Clumsy, Hefty, Jokey, Dreamy, Grouchy, or their profession, for example, Poet, Actor, Handy, Harmony, Farmer, Clockwork, Painter, Tailor, Miner, Architect, Reporter, Timber, Barber and Doctor Smurf. Other Smurf characters include Gutsy Smurf and Smurfette. Smurfette was created by Gargamel to lure the other smurfs. Papa Smurf then changed her into what we see today. The non-Smurf characters who would appear later would include the evil Gargamel, his cat Azrael, and the page Johan, who went from print to film and TV. Johan appeared on the Smurfs TV series in the 1980s, and on the same show, Peewit became Peewee, Johan's young friend. Lord Balthazar is Gargamel's godfather. Balthazar despises the Smurfs and is actually more cold-hearted than Gargamel, in addition to being a more powerful sorcerer. He lives in a large castle whose moat houses a fearsome dragon called a Moat Monster.

I remeber it was so popular during the 80s that even my birthday present was 2 smurfs soft toys! I had it on my 5 year old birthday. I am proud to say after 26 years, it is still in very good condition. :) :)

Lately, the Smurf is being re-introduce to us especially to the generation after the 80s who may not know what is Smurf, as movie. It was a family comedy 3D movie. The review was really good and all my friends who had watched with their kids love it! It was all over the facebook status *wow*

I thought it is a good chance to introduce Smurf, my childhood favourite cartoon, to my son, Mini Ong. So we actually watched together yesterday. Mini Ong was facinated initially. Not by the Smurfs but by the waterfall and explosion! The questions he asked were, "What happened to the cat after it fell into the water?" "What happened to the thing? Exploded!" The most funny question was, "Why is the Santa Claus (Papa Smurf he meant) blue colour!" See how kid relates thing LOLX!

Mini Ong even commented that the Smurfs were very noisy (when they sing). "So noisy" he said. Confirm. Double Confirm! Mini Ong doesn't like Smurfs. He still pefers his Barney kekeke

Well, at least I had done my part to introduce Smurf to him. He would not feel left out if his friends are talking about Smurfs. At least he can comment, "So noisy!" kekekeke

I must say it really brings back fond childhood memories :)

Good Luck
LC

No comments:

Post a Comment