About Me

My photo
A girl who loves coffee and everything that is beautiful to the eyes.

Wednesday, 11 July 2012

DIY Lip Balm (use broken lipstick)

How many ladies actually threw away their lipsticks when broken? I suppose 90% of us did. I admit I used to be one of the 90%. I used to throw away too though it was such a waste (hey good lipsticks are not cheap!). Ever since I discovered the magic of revive the lipstick, it is never wasted :)
It is very simple to do. Can be messy though kekeke...Here are the steps:-

Step 1
You will need
1. Broken lipstick
2. Vaseline aka Petroleum Jelly
3. Small empty container (I used old contact lens holder. You can make 2 lip balms with different colors!)
4. Stirrer (can also use toothpick)
5. Table spoon
6. Fire

Step 2:
Dig out the Vaseline with a stirrer or toothpick and put it into the container.
PS: Vaseline is optional. Personally I added Vaseline because Vaseline is very hydrating. This is very good for dry lips like mine. 


Step 3
Dig out all the broken lipstick with a stirrer or toothpick and place it on the spoon.




Step 4
Burn it with fire till it melt.
PS: Caution not to burn yourself!



Step 5
Pour the melted lipstick into the container that contained Vaseline.


Step 6
Here comes the fun part; STIR! Mix it well with the Vaseline.

Step 7
Final step! Place it in the freezer for about 20 mins. Yes freezer. The purpose of putting in the freezer is to solidify the lip balm.


Here is the final product. Isn't it beautiful? Lolx


No more wastage in future :) Have fun trying!

Love
LC

No comments:

Post a Comment